Sheet masks are booming in the beauty industry. Nowadays sheet masks are among the latest skincare trends. Sheet masks are a very effective way to provide vitamins and nourishment. They are also a fun way to relax and pamper yourself at home. The benefits of sheet masks are so many, in this blog let’s talk about some surprising facts about sheet masks.
15 Surprising Facts About Sheet Masks
Here are the 15 facts about sheet masks that you need to know:
1. The sheet masks originated in South Korea.
2. Sheet masks are almost equivalent to a spa treatment.
4. Sheet masks are made from a special paper that prevents moisture and vitamins from escaping. Thus, your skin gets to absorb all of the nourishing ingredients.
5. The liquid in the sheet masks is called serum. Sheet masks are loaded with serums that include various vitamins and minerals which you will not find in other masks.
6. Sheet masks have various unique ingredients which are beneficial for your skin. From Aloe Vera, Coffee, Coconut, Rose, Honey, Neem, Tulsi and Charcoal, etc.
7. Cleansing always comes first. Get rid of all the dirt and impurities on your skin. Apply the mask on a clean surface so your cells are ready to soak all the goodness.
8. Applying a toner will prepare your pores for sheet masking.
9. A sheet mask is most effective when your entire skin is covered. To maximize your sheet masks benefits you want the mask to cling directly to your face as much as possible.
10. Applying moisturizer and eye cream after a sheet mask will help to maximize sheet masks benefits.
11. Sheet masks are not meant to dry on your face. Some people believe that the longer you keep it will give more benefit but that’s wrong. Don’t keep it longer than 20 minutes. Leaving sheet masks on until they dry out reabsorbs the moisture from the skin.
12. You can’t reuse a sheet mask. Each sheet mask comes in a separate pouch loaded with a serum which is for one-time use only.
13. There is no rule as to how many times you can use a sheet mask. You can use it every day, alternate days, or once in a week that completely depends on your choice.
14. Sheet masks are not suitable to exfoliate or cleanse the skin they are best to nourish, hydrate, and moisturize.
15. Do not wash your face after using a sheet mask. Serum left on your face gently massage and let serum absorb in your skin. Washing your face after using a sheet mask is a waste because it washes off all the moisture and nutrients. You can apply moisturizer after using a sheet mask.
To improve the appearance of your skin and to get an overall healthy complexion. Try Masking Today! All Masking products are organic, made safe, cruelty-free, SLS-free, paraben-free, and vegan.